EDI Job Opportunities, Permanent Position
Position: Supervisor - EDI Production Support
Date Posted: 10/06/2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, as one of the state's largest local
and non-profit health insurers, strives to provide our customers and
employees with resources to help them improve their health status. For
over 70 years we've been providing health insurance to Arizonans.
We are looking for an IT Supervisor with production experience who can oversee the production support of EDI systems. We seek an individual with experience in a leadership role directing programmers and analysts responsible for programming tasks and providing production and operational system support to customers and management. This position will work closely with BCBSAZ management and users to determine effective solutions.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises assigned programmer and analysts activities.
- Supervises the EDI Production Support team in supporting all EDI production systems.
- Leads and directs the prioritization of daily production support work
- Work across the EDI team to ensure system changes comply with change control guidelines.
- Responsible for coordination, communication, escalation and management of production system issues across internal IT stakeholders, business users, and vendors.
- Supervises and coordinates regular production system maintenance activities.
- Recommends improvements based on trends or operational issues; may develop requirements as necessary.
- Supervises post implementation verification testing for releases.
- Responsible for participation with the Manager, in the development of goals, personnel evaluations and merit increase determinations for direct reports.
- Promote and maintain high-quality customer service philosophy. Train and provide feedback regularly on technical and customer service issues to assigned staff members.
- Responsible for participating, with the Manager, in job interviews & hiring decisions for direct report positions.
- Oversees implementation and modification activities in conjunction with other EDI areas, IT stakeholders, users, and management.
- In coordination with the Manager, provides job direction and promotes career-path opportunities for assigned personnel.
- Develops, organizes and/or conducts necessary training programs for staff.
- Responsible for programming support for designated projects and for assigned IT systems.
- Responsible for research and support of transactions in support of the other divisions of BCBSAZ.
- Produce a variety of weekly and monthly operational reports for management
- Creates and coordinates all production on-call schedules and plans.
- Stays current on new developments in technology related industries.
- Participates with management in formulating goals for the area and IT for BCBSAZ.
- Participates in developing a strategic technical strategy.
- Participates in budgeting process.
- Creates and delivers presentations.
- Able to plan and implement projects using sound project management methodology.
- Learn areas direct flow; and how it affects surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Maintain existing programs including routine changes and major enhancements.
- Conduct research.
- Study and resolve performance problems with assigned systems.
- Track and resolve processing problems, coordinating with all areas as needed.
- Track and resolve EDI production system problems.
- Responsible for production cycles, solving abends and notification of problems.
- Documentation of programs, systems, manuals, etc.
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Review code for proper design, standards, content and functionality.
- Responsible for interface to other systems, i.e. SeeBeyond, BlueExchange, MetaVance, etc.
- Develop and maintain SQL queries needed for production support
- Responsible for support of EDI transactions.
- Writes or modifies procedures for internal use, user operational areas, computer operations, as applicable.
- Works with IT Infrastructure team to develop and implement effective production monitoring.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems and Business Administration or equivalent. Minimum three years of working experience in health care related systems as a programmer/analyst with one year as a project/team leader on a small project.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of structured programming techniques and software engineering best practices.
- Supervisory skills relating to leadership, problem resolution, performance appraisals and career counseling of personnel.
- Knowledge of flow charting and spreadsheet software; knowledge of office software: i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge in data mapping and of data mapping techniques and concepts; knowledge of operating systems, i.e. Windows, AIX, Linux and systems networking and communication techniques.
- Knowledge of analysis and design techniques for batch, real-time and on-line systems; knowledge of database constructs; knowledge of database systems for ad-hoc reporting, programming and data management; ability to code on-line programs.
- Ability to prepare written proposals and deliver presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others both within the corporation and externally.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Health care transaction knowledge; understanding of the internal BCBSAZ business; HIPAA knowledge, BlueExchange and Blue Squared.
BCBSAZ is a local, not-for-profit health insurance plan that is focused on the customers we serve and the community where we live. We have a 70-year heritage of service to our customers and the community. Our employee’s enjoy an attractive benefits package plus a dynamic, community, growth-oriented work environment.
Go to azblue.com/careers
Click: How to Apply
Click: Link for do not currently work for BCBSAZ
Select: "Supervisor - EDI Production Support"